All Electric Kitchens: A Solution for Health and Climate. As our cities grow, adapt, and transform due to the severity of climate change, the way we use energy in our buildings will change too. Developing and retrofitting all-electric communities allows us to remedy our addiction to fossil fuels like methane gas to create healthier indoor spaces for us to live. This is especially the case for our kitchens which expose us to harmful air pollutants when powered by methane gas. The all-electric kitchen of the future uses the latest technology powered by electricity and is smarter, safer, higher performing, and free of fossil fuels. Join us in the stunning Luxe Design Showroom for an induction cooking and electric home experience and presentation, complete with a delicious (all-electric made) lunch.
Price: $25 for any participants – advance registration required. Transportation will be provided from the conference site to the venue (level 2). Please plan to meet at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre at 10:45 AM if you plan to take the shuttle.
This conversation will feature:
– Chef Rachelle Boucher, Culinary Events & Experiences Senior Lead, Building Decarbonization Coalition
– Chef Michelle Pollack, Executive Chef for the BSH Home Appliances Group and Luxe Design Studio
– Evan Fuller, Vice President of Retail Leasing and Director of Food & Beverage, Jamestown
Besides having a delicious lunch, participants will learn:
– What makes up today’s electric commercial and residential kitchens? What is induction? How does it work?
– What are the cooking, health, safety and sustainability benefits of induction and how do we share that with clients?
– What is the business case for electrification? What are the challenges and how do you overcome them?
– What is on the horizon in terms of resources, rebates and technologies?