Thursday, April 10
2:45 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Vancouver Convention Centre West, Room 114/115
Public spaces are a key component of the tool kit for creating healthy places and done right create long-term value in the related real estate. Practitioners of programming, designing, building and activating public spaces will showcase a series of images and descriptions of great public spaces and present in detail several case studies.
Their discussion will focus on how they have designed and activated spaces of varying scale to create value for multiple users.
- Michael L. Horst, senior vice president, Larson Leadership Initiative, Urban Land Institute
- Edward T. McMahon, senior resident fellow, Charles E. Fraser chair for sustainable development, Urban Land Institute
- James P. Batchelor, president and chief executive officer, Arrowstreet
- David P. Howerton, chairman, Hart Howerton
- Richard T. Reinhard, deputy executive director, Downtown DC Business Improvement District Corporation
- Harriet Tregoning, former director, Office of Planning, District of Columbia Government